Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Additional Assignment 3

Changing Educational Paradigms
We were assigned this video, and asked a series of questions. Here are my responses.
Wow! Yet another thing to get us thinking. I suggest any and all watch it!
Cartoon drawing of a clock
Time to answer the questions. The first question, "What did I find most important?" There were so many interesting key points that it is hard to choose, but I think taking the children off of ADD and ADHD medicine is highly important. Sure, it does calm the kids down, giving them the time to focus on what they "should" be learning. (I put "should" in quotations because the lessons being taught are deemed more/less important depending on the school board.-It's a matter of opinion!) But it is like Ken Robinson said, "These medicines are anesthetizing our children." That means we are deadening their senses. Does that make sense? We are shutting off their sensors, which we all need and use in order to learn. I think it is time we present the material in a attention grasping way. We need to be able to create lessons that can capture our students' attention. That is the educator's challenge!
Hand Scratching Brain
 I was asked if there was anything I disagreed with in this presentation. Hmm? I really don't think so. I really can understand and sympathize Sir Ken Robinson's stand on this issue. He really seems to have a grasp on the whole education thing and that he can see the problems and knows where he would like to see education in the future.

Paintbrust
I think that this would have been an awesome project to have been able to be a part of. If I was as lucky to be able to create, or help create, something of this nature I would literally feel relieved. I think art is one of the best ways to express yourself. So, to answer the next question, "If you had to do a presentation with others like this, what role on your team would you like most to play?" I would have to play the role of artist/ designer. I love to dabble in art projects. I completed Art I-Art IV in high school, and had art my 8th grade year. So hand me the paint brush, and let's make some cool ideas come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment